When an incident occurs
- Call campus police if any threat of harm to self or others exists.
- If no threat to self or others exists and/or if the behavior violates the judicial code, please complete an incident report.
- Student Life will then make the decision on how to proceed and will be in contact will all parties involved.
When cheating or plagiarism occurs
- Discuss the situation with the student and document in writing to the student any consequences imposed via email, or hard copy letter. Please report it via the incident report link above. This will be kept on file for future reference.
- If the cheating or plagiarism incident is not resolved or if the incident warrants failure in the course, contact the Chairperson or Dean of your Division. Please refer to the Academic Dishonesty section of the Student Judicial Policy for further information.
Common Violations of Student Responsibilities
A. Intentional obstruction or disruption of teaching, research, administration, disciplinary procedure, or other authorized college event;
C. Verbal, emotional, or physical abuse or threat thereof against any person on campus or at any college-authorized event, or other conduct which threatens or endangers the health and safety of any such person;
H. Academic dishonesty, such as cheating or plagiarism;
L. Failure to comply with the directives of Campus officials and law enforcement officers acting in performance of their duties, or to identify oneself to these officers when requested to do so;
M. Conduct which adversely affects the student's suitability as a member of the academic community (such as drunkenness, use of profanity, or disorderly conduct).