Cox Communications Small Business Growth Academy
This program is an eight (8) week business training program designed to improve the organizational and financial capacity of diverse business enterprises who are vendors and business customers of Cox Communications. Modules will be delivered in both a traditional face-to-face and online learning environment.
Participants will learn:
- How to improve organizational effectiveness/performance and drive continuous improvements within their organization for sustainable growth;
- How to enhance their ablility to negotate deals, manage conflicts, and make decisions;
- How to accurately estimate project costs;
- How to competitively price products and services;
- How to manage projects efficiently and effectively;
- How to meet or exceed the expectations of the customer/client; and,
- How to determine their business' overall performance.
Module 1 - Identifying Your Competitive Advantage
Module 2 - Marketing & Sales
Module 3 - Organizational Performance & Continuous Improvement
Module 4 - Financial Decision Making
Module 5 - Risk Management
Module 6 - Estimating Your Project
Module 7 - Introduction to Project Management
Module 8 - Contract Negotiations
Upon successfull completion of the program, participants will earn three (3) Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Requirements to Participate in Program
- Must be an exisitng business with an FEIN
- Must be a registed Cox Communications vendor or business customer
- Priority selection will be given to diverse business owners - Woman Business Enterprise (WBE), Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
This program is sponsored by Cox Communications. Cox will award scholarships to accepted vendors or business customers to attend free of charge.