Contracts and Waivers

Tuition Waivers

Students may receive a waiver of base tuition and applicable fees if they are active National Guard members, New Orleans police officers or fire fighters, dependents of a disabled or deceased in the line of duty police officer, firefighter or military personnel, or full-time students cross-enrolled from UNO, SUNO, SLU, NCC. If you believe you may qualify for a tuition waiver, please submit documents to verify eligibility to the Accounts Receivable Office at the City Park Campus or the Bursar’s Office at the location you attend.

Senior Citizens: Tuition is waived for Louisiana residents 60 years and over for one three-credit-hour course each semester/session (no auditing or non-credit).

Please note: Students who qualify for waiver must visit the Bursar’s Office each term to have it applied to their account.

Third Party Contracts

A third-party organization may sponsor a student’s enrollment by committing to paying a student's mandatory tuition and registration fees. Most organizations will grant the sponsorships through an application process. Once the student recipients are identified, the organization will send the funds to the school along with award processing instructions.

If the organization requires that they be invoiced directly before issuing payment, the student may request that the campus accept a Third Party Contract. The Accounts Receivable Department coordinates Third Party Contracts.  Accounts Receivable does not assist students with identifying a sponsor.

Eligibility for Third-Party Contract

A Third Party Contract may be granted if the sponsoring agency:

  • Will sponsor all or most of the student’s mandatory tuition and fees.
  • Requires an invoice to be issued in their name before disbursing payment.
  • Will send payment directly to Delgado Community College.

A student’s account is not eligible for a Third-Party Contract if:

  • The sponsor’s payments will be sent directly to the student.
  • Only proof of enrollment or a copy of the student’s bill is required.
  • The sponsorship is for living, travel or miscellaneous academic expenses (i.e., books, supplies).
  • The third party is a family member or a personal/family-owned business.