Password Authentication Standard
The Louisiana State Office of Information Technology issued a statewide authentication and password standard (IT-STD 1-01) intended to protect information from unauthorized access, modification and destruction. All state agencies are required to establish and implement the below criteria to become compliant.
Password Base Criteria
- Minimum password length - 12 characters
- Password complexity must contain at least three of the four categories:
- English upper case characters (A-Z)
- English lowercase characters (a-z)
- Base digits (0-9)
- Non alphanumeric characters (@, %, #, !, etc.)
- Previous passwords cannot be used.
- After five consecutive failed logon attempts, the user ID will be locked and will require reset before additional login attempts are allowed. Visit the Password and Account Help page to reset your password.
- Passwords will expire every 105 days.
If you encounter any problems, please call the OIT Help Desk at (504) 671-5500.