Delgado's Mission Statement
Convene, encourage, and engage in dialogue among students, faculty, and staff to discuss race, social justice, and equality.
Goal 1: Send out social justice survey.
- Work with student groups (SGA and other organizations) as well faculty (department chairs and deans) to roll out survey.
- Survey can be featured/promoted on Delgado's website, by email and/or in Canvas to help get the most responses.
Goal 2: Establish social justice website/page.
- Gather content (videos, links, resources).
- Build site (calendar, etc.) - use survey results to ensure focal areas are covered.
- Soft launch/test.
- Fully rollout site to Delgado community.
- Establish best practices for updating content (remain relevant and keep up with current events).
Goal 3: Establish social justice related training opportunities for faculty.
- Sensitivity training (with a particular focus on LGBTQ+)
- Gender (work with W.I.S.E)
Goal 4: Develop additional student groups and/or work with existing groups (and offices) that have a social justice focus.
- Research student groups and establish connections.
- Establish point of contacts with all social justice related instructors/professors/staff/offices etc.
Goal 5: Establish programming that can be launched/facilitated virtually (if needed) or in person.
- Develop a Social Justice Book Club, Panel Discussions, Speaker Series, Documentary Series, etc. (potential for extra credit).
- Develop list of social justice related months to tie programming around.
- Ensure all programs are inclusive of all campuses as well as online learners.
Goal 6: Establish best practices and/or resources for bringing social justice related topics to the classroom to foster deeper understanding.
- Work with deans, department chairs and/or lead instructors/professors to develop resources and content to share with departments.
- Establish ways to track what students have learned (essay contests, additional surveys, round table discussions, etc.)