SGA Elections will be held March 23, 24, & 25, 2022.
Application must be completed online. Appliation due Friday, February 25, 2022 by 11:59pm.
STEP 1: Complete your Campus Qualifications application packet online.
STEP 2: Applications will only be accepted electronically via the application link. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
STEP 3: Attend qualifications meeting for your site. We will send out Zoom link to qualifying candidates and commissioners.
- City Park Campus - March 4th at 12 noon.
- Sidney Collier Campus - March 4th at 12:45pm.
- West Bank Campus - March 4th at 1pm.
- Jefferson Campus - March 4th at 1:30pm.
- Charity School of Nursing - March 4th at 4pm.
Qualifications for Candidates
Qualifications for Executive Board Candidates
- The position Student Government Association President requires that the candidate shall be enrolled and remain enrolled in a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours (Charity School of Nursing SGA President nine (9) credit hours). All other Executive Committee positions shall be currently enrolled and remain enrolled for the duration of their office in a minimum of nine (9) credit hours at Delgado Community College, City Park Campus
- Candidate shall have earned at least nine (9) credit hours at Delgado Community College.
- All candidates shall, at time of filing for office, have an accumulated and overall grade point average (GPA) of: two point five (2.5) [Charity School of Nursing SGA two point zero (2.0)].
- Candidate shall meet qualifications for Senator.
Qualifications for Senators:
- Candidate shall be currently enrolled at their respective Delgado Community College Campus as defined by the regulations of this College and the SGA Campus Constitution at the time of filing for and during the term of office.
- Candidate shall, at the time of filing for office, have accumulated an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 as certified by the campus Registrar.
- Candidates shall at the time of filing for office have attended one (1) Senate meeting and volunteered for one (1) SGA event.
- Qualifications for All SGA members:
- Candidate shall submit with application three (3) letters of recommendation from Staff, Faculty, or Community Leaders.
The following apply to all candidates:
- A copy of a picture ID.
- No person shall have at the time of filing for office, inauguration, and during the period of office, any record of academic or disciplinary action.
- All candidates must attend the Candidates’ Meeting before campaigning can begin. Pictures will be taken at the Candidate's Meeting.
- Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
- All candidates must submit a 50-word essay explaining their qualifications and the reason they feel they are the most qualified person for the position.
Campaigning cannot begin until each candidate attends the candidates meeting.
Please carefully read the following guidelines and regulations. Any candidate found in violation of one or more of the following regulations may be disqualified at the discretion of the Election Board.
- Campaign literature and signs promoting a student’s candidacy will not be distributed or posted on campus until the student has qualified to be a candidate.
- All campaign materials & methods must be appropriate in manner and approved by the office of Student Life/SGA advisor. Everything not approved will be discarded.
- Each Candidate can only hang-up:
- 15 total (11 x 8 ½) fliers (City Park), 25 total (11 x 8 ½) fliers (West Bank), 8 total (11x8 ½ fliers) (Charity)
- Unlimited handout fliers (¼ page or smaller). These handouts can NOT be left in stacks or individually around campus. They are to be handed out.
- 10 poster-sized advertisements (City Park), 12 poster-sized advertisements (West Bank, Jefferson, Collier), Posters not allowed (Charity)
- 10 yard signs (¼ poster) (City Park and West Bank), no yard signs maybe placed at the Charity, Jefferson, Collier campuses
- No banners are allowed for any campus.
- Candidates or representatives must not interrupt any class without permission from the instructor.
- Candidate must take down all signage 24 hours after the close of the elections. Candidates or representatives CANNOT campaign in the computer lab. This includes posters or signs of any kind.
- No SGA equipment or assets (printers, fliers, paper, etc.) can be used by any of the candidates.
- Campaigning by non-students (family members, friends, etc.) is strictly forbidden.
- Total campaign expenditures in elections will not exceed $300.
- Each candidate must submit an itemized list of all campaign materials and expenditures, with verifiable receipts upon request by the Election Board. The request by the Elections Board must be made prior to the certification of the winners.
- All campaign materials will be in accordance with Delgado Community College regulations.
- Proof of any slander or libel by any candidate will result in immediate disqualification.
- No active campaigning can occur in any Delgado Computer labs. Candidates will be penalized for any campaigning done on behalf of their campaign (friends campaigning on behalf of candidates will disqualify the candidate!).
- No one is allowed to send email “blasts” thru Delgado Email in support or opposition of a candidate.
- No unofficial Polling stations are allowed. Unofficial polling stations are defined as using or setting–up any personal or Delgado device that access the internet to collect or encourage multiple votes.
- Any suspected violation must be reported in writing within 24 hours of the violation to the Office of Student Life via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO handwritten reports will be accepted.