SGA Elections will be held March 25, 26, and 27, 2020.
Complete Qualifications Online Application Packets are
Due Friday February 28, 2020.
STEP 1: Complete your Campus Qualifications application packet online.
STEP 2: Applications will only be accepted electronically via the application link. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
STEP 3: Attend qualifications meeting for your site.
- City Park -Friday, March 6th at 12:00 p.m. in Faculty Dining, Student Life Center, City Park Campus
- West Bank - Friday, March 6th at 4:00 p.m. in Room 108, West Bank Student Life Center
- Sidney Collier - Monday, March 8th at 12:00 p.m., SGA Office
- East Jefferson - Monday, March 8th at 3:30 p.m., location TBA
- Charity School of Nursing - Friday, March 6th time and location TBA
Qualifications for Executive Committee:
- Candidate shall be currently enrolled as a degree seeking student at their respective Delgado Community College Campus, as defined by the regulations of this College, and the SGA Campus Constitution for a minimum of nine (9) credit hours at the time of filing for and during the term of office at their registered campus. Candidates seeking the position of President, shall be enrolled in twelve (12) credit hours at the time of filing for and during the term of office at their registered campus.3
- Candidate shall have earned at least twelve (12) credit hours at Delgado Community College.
- All candidates shall, at time of filing for office, have an accumulated and overall grade point average (GPA) of: ALL Officers 2.5
- Candidate shall meet qualifications for Senator.
Qualifications for Senators:
- Candidate shall be currently enrolled at their respective Delgado Community College Campus as defined by the regulations of this College and the SGA Campus Constitution at the time of filing for and during the term of office.
- Candidate shall, at the time of filing for office, have accumulated an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 as certified by the campus Registrar.
- Candidates shall at the time of filing for office have attended one (1) Senate meeting and volunteered for one (1) SGA event.
Qualifications for All SGA members:
- Candidate shall submit with application three (3) letters of recommendation from Staff, Faculty, or Community Leaders.
- A copy of a picture ID.
- No person shall have at the time of filing for office, inauguration, and during the period of office, any record of academic or disciplinary probation.
- All candidates must attend the Candidates’ Meeting before campaigning can begin. Pictures will be taken at the Candidate's Meeting.
- Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
- All candidates must submit a 50-word essay explaining their qualifications and the reason they feel they are the most qualified person for the position.
Campaigning cannot begin until each candidate attends the Candidates’ Meetings!
Please read the following guidelines and regulations carefully. Any candidate found in violation of one or more of the following regulations may be disqualified at the discretion of the Election Board.
- Campaign literature and signs promoting a student’s candidacy will not be distributed or posted on campus until the student has qualified to be a candidate.
- All campaign materials & methods must be appropriate in manner and approved by the office of Student Life/SGA advisor. Everything not approved will be discarded.
- Each Candidate can only put- up:
a.) 15 total (11 x 8 ½) fliers (City Park), 25 total (11 x 8 ½) fliers (West Bank and North Shore), 8 total (11x8 ½ fliers) (Charity)
b. )Unlimited handout fliers (¼ page or smaller). These handouts can NOT be left in stacks or individually around campus. They are to be handed out.
c.) 10 poster-sized advertisements (City Park), 12 poster-sized advertisements (West Bank and North Shore), Posters not allowed (Charity)
d.) 10 yard signs (¼ poster) (City Park and West Bank), no yard signs maybe placed at the North shore and Charity sites
e. ) No banners are allowed for any campus.
- Candidates or representatives must not interrupt any class without permission from the instructor.
- Candidate must take down all signage 24 hours after the close of the elections. Candidates or representatives CANNOT campaign in the computer lab. This includes posters or signs of any kind.
- No SGA equipment or assets (printers, fliers, paper, etc.) can be used by any of the candidates.
- Campaigning by non-students (family members, friends, etc.) is strictly forbidden.
- Total campaign expenditures in elections will not exceed $300.
- Each candidate must submit an itemized list of all campaign materials and expenditures, with verifiable receipts upon request by the Election Board. The request by the Elections Board must be made prior to the certification of the winners.
- All campaign materials will be in accordance with Delgado Community College regulations.
- Proof of any slander or libel by any candidate will result in immediate disqualification.
- Candidates will not enter within 50 feet, in any direction, of the Official polling place entrance on election days other than for the required time to cast his/her ballot. ANY other time spent within the polling place will be considered as active campaigning and in violation of these rules. If a candidate has a class in the building, then they must proceed immediately through the voting facility to their assigned classroom.
- No active campaigning can occur in any Delgado Computer labs. Candidates will be penalized for any campaigning done on behalf of their campaign (friends campaigning on behalf of candidates will disqualify the candidate!).
- No one is allowed to send email “blasts” thru Delgado Email in support or opposition of a candidate.
- No unofficial Polling stations are allowed. Unofficial polling stations are defined as using or setting–up any personal or Delgado device that access the internet to collect or encourage multiple votes.
- Any suspected violation must be reported in writing within 24 hours of the violation to the Office of Student Life via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO handwritten reports will be accepted.