Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic Admissions
EMT-Paramedic Associate of Applied Science Degree Program
Delgado Community College is an open admissions college; however acceptance into the Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic Program is by selection. The Admissions Committee for the EMT Program reviews and evaluates each application on an impartial basis. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.
Students wishing to apply for admission to the EMTE Program must submit a completed Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic Program application to the Division of Allied Health no later than July 15. The duration of this program is 16 months.
Applicants who are eligible for admission to the Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic program must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Score on ACT, SAT, or Delgado Placement Test Sufficient to place at Math 099, ENGL 101 and not at remedial reading level.
- Successfully complete Biology prerequisite (BIOL 161 and BIOL 163 Intro to Anatomy and Physiology). General Biology I & II (BIOL 141/143 & 142/144) may be substituted for BIOL 161/163, but must be completed prior to beginning courses in major. See program faculty for more information.
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 in all college courses.
- Must be a currently Louisiana State Licensed, Nationally Registered EMT-Basic or EMT-Intermediate.
NOTE: Science courses over 10 years old may require repetition. Check with the Allied Health Admissions Advisor.
To find out if courses you have taken will transfer to Delgado, call (504) 671-6201 and set up an appointment with an Allied Health Advisor to have your transcripts evaluated.
Upon enrollment in prerequisite courses, the student should request the current complete information and application packet from the Allied Health Admissions Office.
Persons accepted into the Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic Program will be required to meet the technical standards of the EMT profession. These are available for review in the Allied Health Admissions Office.
NOTE: You are strongly advised to set up an appointment with an Allied Health Admissions Advisor to review your transcripts at least one semester prior to applying to the program.
Read the documents below before completing your application.
Recommendation Form - must have 3