Financial Aid Offer
Congratulations! Now that you have been offered financial aid, it is important that you view your offer in LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal). We are here to help you have an understanding of the funds being offer to you and help plan for your future.
- Accept, decline, or reduce loans and submit all required documents in LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal)
- Register for classes in LoLA
- Direct Costs are those costs paid to the college to take classes. These costs include tuition and fees.
- Indirect Costs are other personal expenses to consider when attending college. These
costs could include Books, Transportation, Personal Expenses, Housing, and Meals.
- Books: Book costs can range from a few tens of dollars to a few hundred dollars. Delgado is making book costs easier for students by implementing a First Day Books Program.
- Transportation, personal expenses, housing, and meals: These expenses may already be in your budget. If they are not, Delgado has partnered with Mosaiec, a financial coaching service, to provide you with free, confidential, one-on-one coaching. Schedule your appointment today and start your Fall 2021 semester on the right foot.
- Grants do not need to be paid back.
- The Pell Grant is a Federal Financial Aid Offer. It is awarded in LoLA is based on full-time enrollment. If you are not enrolled full-time at the census date, your Pell Grant will be adjusted accordingly.
- Learn more about Grants at Delgado.
- Loans are funds that are borrowed directly from the U.S. Depaartment of Education that the student must pay back.
- You must accept loans through LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal) in order to recieve loans at Delgado Community College.
- You also must be enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours for Federal Student Loans at the time of disbursment.
- Before you accept any loan please log into your Federal Student Aid (FSA) Account Dashboard using your FSA ID. On the Dashboard you will be able to view your total debt and loan amount.
- Loans must be paid back to the Federal Government beginning six months after you drop below six credit hours. Students are required to enroll in a minimum of six credit hours.
Follow these steps to view your Finanical Aid offer in LoLA
- Log into LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal).
- Select Financial Aid under Self Service Banner.
- Select Delgado Community College under Financial Aid Links
- Select Award Offer
- View and Accept Award
*If prompted, you may need to read then accept terms and conditions.
For more information about the entire enrollment process, visit the Start Right Enrollment Checklist.
Follow these steps to register for classes in LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal)
- Log into LoLA.
- Select Student
- Select Registration (located in Academic Links Block)
- Select Register for Classes (if prompted,resolve action items)
- Select term and click continue
- FInd classes by searching in the subject box
- Add course to schedule
- In Summary box, click Submit to register for classes
City Park (FA); Charity School of Nursing (FB); West Bank (FC); Jefferson (FD); Sidney Collier (FI); Online (FX)
Why choose Delgado?
Are my Classes Secured?
- Delgado will authorize your financial aid award to secure your classes.
- Once your Financial Aid has been authorized, you should see a credit balance.
- Financial Aid will not disburse to your account until after Census Day.
Learn more about how to secure classes if you choose to pay out of pocket for tuition and fees.