Financial Aid Offer
Congratulations! Now that you have been offered financial aid, it is important that you view your offer in LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal). We are here to help you have an understanding of the funds being offer to you and help plan for your future.
Visit Lola (Delgado's online student portal) and complete the following steps within 30 days:
- Accept or decline any grant aid or scholarship aid
- You must accept your grant and scholarship financial aid offer within 30 days. If
you do not, this aid maybe reassigned to interested students.
- You must accept your grant and scholarship financial aid offer within 30 days. If you do not, this aid maybe reassigned to interested students.
- Accept, decline, or reduce loans
- Loans must be paid back to the federal government after 6 months of graduation or
- Loans must be paid back to the federal government after 6 months of graduation or non-attendance.
- Register for classes
- Submit any additionally required documents
- Direct Costs are those costs paid to the college to take classes. These costs include tuition and fees.
- Indirect Costs are other personal expenses to consider when attending college. These
costs could include Books, Transportation, Personal Expenses, Housing, and Meals.
- Books: Book costs can range from a few tens of dollars to a few hundred dollars. Delgado is making book costs easier for students by implementing a First Day Books Program.
- Transportation, personal expenses, housing, and meals: These expenses may already be in your budget. If they are not, Delgado has partnered with Mosaiec, a financial coaching service, to provide you with free, confidential, one-on-one coaching. Schedule your appointment today and start your Fall 2021 semester on the right foot.
- Grants do not need to be paid back.
- The Pell Grant is a Federal Financial Aid Offer. It is awarded in LoLA is based on full-time enrollment. If you are not enrolled full-time at the census date, your Pell Grant will be adjusted accordingly.
- Learn more about Grants at Delgado.
- Loans are funds that are borrowed directly from the U.S. Department of Education that the student must pay back.
- You must accept loans through LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal) in order to receive loans at Delgado Community College.
- You also must be enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours for Federal Student Loans at the time of disbursement.
- Before you accept any loan please log into your Federal Student Aid (FSA) Account Dashboard using your FSA ID. On the Dashboard you will be able to view your total debt and loan amount.
- Loans must be paid back to the Federal Government beginning six months after you drop below six credit hours. Students are required to enroll in a minimum of six credit hours.
Why choose Delgado?