TRELLIS – Delgado’s Financial Aid Partner
What is Trellis?
Trellis Company is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation with the dual mission of helping student borrowers successfully repay their education loans and promoting access and success in higher education.
Studies suggest that student coaching increases persistence and retention in college students. Trellis’ certified coaches use a student-centered approach that encourages critical thinking and planning so students can retain these vital skills for the rest of their lives.
Trellis provides students with personalized, confidential, one-on-one financial aid coaching. Typically student concerns/needs to relate to:
- Money Management—such as spending/budgeting, saving strategies, short-term financial needs, or healthy financial habits.
- Financial Aid—such as financial aid options, FAFSA completion, repayment plan options, or how much to borrow
- Academic and Career Support—such as school/work/life balance, time management, career path options, or the financial opportunities of different academic majors
Trellis provides virtual coaching sessions to allow students to privately discuss their goals and develop an action plan for success.
Project Success Resources for Students
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, U.S. Congress passes the CARES Act, which in part provides institutions with funding to deliver emergency aid to students. In anticipation of this financial support, Trellis Company has created a resources page for processionals administering emergency aid programs.
Here are some resources that may be helpful for our students:
- How to get free financial coaching
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Loan Repayment