Year-Round Pell

Frequently asked Questions about Year-Round Pell

What is Year-Round Pell Grant?

The US Department of Education Appropriations Act, 2017, allows a student to receive Federal Pell Grant funds for up to 150%  of the student’s Pell Grant Scheduled Award for an award year.  This provision is effective beginning with the 2017-2018 award year.

How do I request use of my Pell Grant in the Summer?

Continuing students must request summer financial aid. Once the summer form is processed and you have registered for courses, your summer award will be posted. 

How does this affect my lifetime Pell Grant?

It is deducted from your 600% Pell Lifetime Eligibility Usage (LEU). Log in to your Federal Student Aid Account Dashboard to view your Federal Pell Grant Lifetime Eligibility Used. You must use your FSA ID to log-in. 

How many hours do I need to be enrolled in to receive a Summer Pell Grant?

Continuing students must be enrolled at least 6 credit hours of courses that are eligible for financial aid and meet all other Pell eligiblity requirements to receive Pell Grant funds in excess of 100 percent of the student’s Pell Grant Scheduled Annual Award.

When will I know if I am eligible for Year-Round Pell?

Once the summer request for is processed or you register in summer courses, the available Pell Grant amount will be calculated based on your Pell Grant usage and remaining eligibility at the 100% scheduled award plus the additional 50%.