Respiratory Care Technology Admissions
Delgado Community College is an open admissions college; however acceptance into the
Respiratory Care Technology Program is by selection. The Admissions Committee for
the RSPT Program reviews and evaluates each application on an impartial basis. Meeting
the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program.
Students wishing to apply for admission to the RSPT Program must submit a completed RSPT application to the Division of Allied Health no later than March 15.
Applicants who are eligible for admission to the RSPT program must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully complete the following prerequisite courses and required related courses:
- ENGL 101 English Composition I
- MATH 128 Explorations in Algebra
- Humanities Elective
- BIOL 161 Introductory Anatomy & Physiology
- BIOL 163 Introductory Anatomy & Physiology Lab
- BIOL 211 Microbiology of Human Pathogens
- CHEM 101 Elementary Chemistry
- PSYC 127 General Psychology
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 in all college courses.
NOTE: Science courses over 10 years old may require repetition. Check with the Allied
Health Admissions Advisor.
To find out if courses you have taken will transfer to Delgado, call 504-671-6201 for information on meeting with an Allied Health Advisor to have your transcripts evaluated.
Upon completion of prerequisite courses, the student should request the current complete information and application packet from the Allied Health Admissions Office.
Persons accepted into the RSPT Program will be required to meet the technical standards of the respiratory care profession. These are available for review in the Allied Health Admissions Office.
NOTE: You are strongly advised to meet with an Allied Health Admissions Advisor to review your transcripts at least one semester prior to applying to the program.