Acceptance of Transfer Credits

Transfer credits with a grade of "C" or better from all regionally accredited colleges and universities are recorded on the student’s permanent academic records at Delgado Community College. Courses taken at institutions that are not accredited by an accrediting body are generally not accepted at Delgado.

If you are transferring from a Louisiana state college or university please utilize the Louisiana Board of Regents Articulation system to determine transfer equivalencies of general education courses.

The acceptance of transfer credits to meet degree/certificate program requirements will be governed by the following guidelines:

  • A grade of “C” or better is required in courses in student’s major.
  • Transfer equivalencies in developmental courses are used for placement if a grade of “C” or better is earned and the courses are not more than three years old.
  • The acceptance of courses taken more than ten years prior to being admitted to Delgado Community College is determined by the Academic Division Dean.
  • The acceptance of courses that are not equivalent to courses taught at Delgado Community College is determined by the Academic Division Dean.
  • Acceptance of transfer credits earned through non-traditional sources are accepted with limitations.
  • Classes taken at an institution that operates on a Quarter calendar may not necessarily transfer to Delgado Community College. Quarter Hours and Semester Hours are not equal and must be put through a calculation to determine the equivalent hours. For example, a class taken at a Quarter institution with 5 Quarter Hours will be equal to 3 Semester Hours. Quarter Hours are divided by 1.5 to determine the Semester Hours. The Semester Hours must meet or exceed the Quarter Hours in order for the course to transfer to Delgado Community College.

All military training and education is documented on the Joint Services Transcript (JST), which is available online. That document explains how many and what kind of credit hours have been earned. Service members can obtain a copy of their JST by visiting the JST website.

Who JST Serve:

Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans.

Follow these steps to obtain and access your JST:

  1. Register for a JST account.
  2. Click on the 'Transcripts' tab at the top of the page, then click the 'Official Transcript Request' tab.
  3. Type in the institute name or any part of the name and click 'search' or hit the enter key.
  4.  Verify online delivery method. (Delgado only accepts transcripts online directly from JST)

The Office of Admissions is unable to process  transcripts that shows courses still in progress. We ask that you contact your previous institution's Registrar’s Office once final grades have been posted to resend an official transcript. 



While the Admissions Office is not able to process your transcript, you are able to use this version of your transcript for registration, scheduling, and overrides with your advisor. Please feel free to email the Admissions Office at with any additional questions.

Helpful Links:


For a list of of transcript evaluation agencies, visit the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) website.

International Students please submit the following in English to Mrs. Ana Wilson:

  1. Course by course evaluation report from a NACES agency.
  2. Official college transcript from an accredited college or university to show semester and term courses were taken.
  3. All course descriptions and/or syllabus a student is requesting transfer credit.
Ana Wilson
International Student Advisor
Delgado Community College
615 City Park Avenue
New Orleans, La 70119
Office # 504-671-5090
Fax # 504-483-1895

Join us on Facebook: Delgado Community College-International Student Services

Access our international admissions forms

Allied Health

When applying to the Allied Health Programs you will need to request two official transcripts from your previous institutions.
  1. Please send one transcript from every previous institution to: Office of Admissions, Delgado Community College, 615 City Park Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119
  2. Please include one transcript from every previous institution with your Allied Health Program Application 



 Please send all transcripts to the Office of Admissions for processing using one of the delivery methods below.

Select one of the follow options below when sending your official transcripts to Delgado Community College

Transcripts are not accepted as official when received by fax or as email attachments from institution and students.

Electronic Delivery to Transcript portal:

Please visit your previous institutions to send your official transcript to our transcript portal. 
    1. Log in to your previous institution request form
    2. Indicate PDF document
    3. Type or select Delgado Community College, Office of Admissions,

Hand Delivered:

Hand delivered in a sealed envelope 


Office of Admissions
Delgado Community College
615 City Park Ave
New Orleans, LA 70119