Practical Nursing - Accuplacer
Delgado Community College requires an entrance exam for students applying to the Practical Nursing Program. The Office of Advising & Testing administers the Practical Nursing Accuplacer Test.
Who needs this test?*
- All students applying to the Practical Nursing Technical Diploma Program
* This exam is for students applying to the Delgado practical nursing program only. Scores will not transfer to other schools or programs.
What's on the test and how long does it take?
- Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, & Statistics, Reading, and Writing are all covered on the assessment.
Which Delgado locations offer this test?
- Because of the current COVID-19 situation, we are temporarily testing remotely using Zoom. To test, you will need a computer (desktop or laptop) with a webcam and audio capabilities.
What’s the cost of the test?
- There is a $10 (per section) non-refundable fee for the test. You must pay the fee prior to testing.
Note: If you registered online for the placement test, you have registered for the wrong test. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions
Are there study/preparation materials?
Create a username and password.
Once logged in, click on Next-Generation Practice Tests
Note: You will not be required to take the Arithmetic or the Advanced Algebra and Functions sections.
What is the minimum score I need to attain for admissions consideration?
- Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics (QAS): 243
- Reading Comprehension: 260
- Writing: 241
How do I check available dates and sign up for the test?
Click on the link below to schedule your test. Once there, choose Practical Nursing as your group and Accuplacer Practical Nursing for your exam.
What happens after I test?
You get the results of your exam immediately after testing. You do not need to submit your scores as the Nursing School will be able to view them in Banner. Please check with Delgado Charity School of Nursing to receive information and guidelines for admission into your chosen program. The testing department does not advise candidates on their admission status.
What happens if I do not achieve the minimum score?
Students are allowed to retake individual sections of the Practical Nursing Accuplacer, at $10 a section, as many times as they need to, to achieve a passing score.
City Park Campus
West Bank Campus
Sidney Collier Site
River City Site
- Sit in a quiet place where you will be undisturbed while testing.
- Clear a workspace for your monitor, mouse, keyboard, blank scratch paper, and pencil. All other items must be removed from your table/desk
- Be sure to have your photo ID ready. You will need to show it to your proctor.