Accommodated Testing for Students with Documented Disabilities
Test Proctoring Services
The Testing Center in The Office of Advising and Testing offers test proctoring services when faculty are unable to arrange accommodations for students whose disabilities impede their ability to test in the classroom. Staff members in the Testing Center will assist students with testing accommodations based on their need.
Request for Special Testing Accommodations for Students with Documented Disabilities
The Request for Special Testing Accommodations Form will be included in a letter sent to the faculty of all students requiring accommodations for documented disabilities. When using Test Proctoring Services, the Request Form and the test should be in a sealed envelope when delivered to the proctor. The student’s name, instructor’s name, course prefix/section number and office locations should be on the front of the envelope. Also, faculty should indicate on the form the delivery and test return arrangement. Faculty may also choose to email the Request Form and the test to the confidential email address listed on the form.
Disability Services Testing Center Guidelines and Procedures
- The student must make an appointment at least 48 hours prior to their test date with The Testing Center. It is the student’s responsibility to notify their instructor of the appointment day and time. A reminder will be sent to the instructor from the Testing Center at least the day before the scheduled test time. Please note that instructors must send the student’s test no later than 1 hour prior to the appointment time. (Deliver by email to email@example.com or in person delivery).
- Student I.D’s will be checked upon arrival.
- Please indicate on the accommodations form how much time your student is allotted for his/her test (time + a half).
- Students are NOT allowed to bring their cell phone into the testing area (please note that a cell phone is not allowed to be used as a calculator).
- Students must leave all personal belongings (backpacks, bags, purses, electronic devices and books etc.) in an assigned locker, unless the instructor informs the Testing Center that books and/or notes are allowed.
- Students can take a break, but, they CANNOT leave the testing area with a test.
- The student must arrive at their scheduled appointment time. If a student shows up more than 20 minutes late, they will NOT be allowed to take their test, the instructor will be notified and the student will need to make a new appointment, if allowed by their instructor.
- Students must study prior to the scheduled test time. Coming to the Testing Center to study before a scheduled test will no longer be allowed.
- Cheating will NOT be tolerated. The student must choose to test in The Testing Center or in the classroom. Testing in both is considered cheating. If a student is caught cheating, their test will be taken away and the instructor will immediately be notified.
- Only the instructor, a Testing Center Specialist or another DCC Testing Center employee can administer a student’s test.
- Student PCA’s (Patient Care Assistant’s) are not allowed to bring anything that could potentially compromise test security inside of the testing labs (cell phones, bags and purses). Lockers will be assigned to the PCA and they will also sign a confidentiality forms that will be kept on file. PCA’s are allowed to remain with the student at all times, but are NOT allowed to see the test or act as reader/scribe.
Accommodated Testing Hours - City Park Campus
Please contact other campuses/sites directly for testing hours.
During finals week, Testing Center hours will remain the same. Please note these hours are subject to change at any time.
Fall and Spring Testing Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday - 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday - 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Summer Testing Hours
Monday through Thursday - 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Friday - closed
|City Park Campus
Building 2, Room 302
|West Bank Campus
LaRocca Hall, Room 303
|Sidney Collier Site
Building 3, Room 117A
|River City Site
Building A, Room 238
No personal items, including but not limited to, mobile phones, hand-held computers/personal digital assistants (PDAs) or other electronic devices, pagers, smart watches, purses, firearms or other weapons, hats (and other non-religious head coverings), bags, books, and/or notes are allowed in the testing rooms. You must store all personal items in a secure area as indicated by the Testing Center staff or return them to your vehicle. If you refuse to store your personal items, you will be unable to test. Please bring appropriate forms of identification for the test you are taking.