How Do I Apply?
Applying to graduate is a simple process that is done online through the LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal) account portal. Review the academic calendar for application deadlines.
- Login to LoLA
- Click on the Student Tab.
- Go under Academic Links.
- Select Academic Profile.
- Go to Apply to Graduate.
- You will also be asked about ceremony attendance but this is so that we can better prepare for the ceremony; it does not prevent you from changing your mind or commit you to participation. If you are in doubt, please select YES!
- Be sure to enter your diploma name correctly with caps and period
- Be sure to enter address where your diploma will be mailed after graduation.
- Be sure to review your application for accuracy before submitting it. Click the SUBMIT REQUEST button to activate your application. You will see a Graduation Application Confirmation page which will confirm that your application has been submitted.
- If you have more than one curriculum you'll need to go back and apply for it as well if you intend to complete it in the same term.
The Graduation Application can be submitted only once per major. If you have two majors, you must apply for both separately. Contact the Registrar's Office if assistance is needed.
Please note that your complete program of study (including majors and concentrations) must be properly declared before you apply to graduate.
What if I encounter problems?
If you encounter problems when you apply online or if you have questions about your graduation application, please send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
How to change my graduation application? (once submitted)
Students needing to change any graduation information (i.e. expected graduation semester, diploma mailing address, diploma name, modification to program of study, etc.) after submission of graduation application must email the Registrar’s Office of such changes.
Note: This email must be submitted on or before the late application deadline posted in the academic calendar for expected graduation semester.
Late Application (after deadline)
Students who miss the deadline for applying via LoLA may still apply by submitting a hard-copy Late Graduation Application form. The form is available in the Office of the Registrar at your respective campus/site, or may be requested via the Registrar’s email. Please note that a $40.00 late fee is charged to the account of all late applications.
The late application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable to another semester. Students should review their degree audit and/or confer with their advisor to be sure they are on track to graduate as planned before submitting the late application.
Students completing multiple majors will need to complete the Graduation Application for each major (only two majors allowed). Apply for the semester in which your entire program of study (all majors) will be completed.
When to Apply?
Graduation application is semester driven (i.e. you must apply in the semester you plan to complete your requirements). There are two-degree conferral dates when degrees are awarded/posted:
- Fall is in December
- Spring is in May
- Summer (The Summer term completers are awarded during the Fall semester.)
Students should apply to graduate online via LoLA (Delgado’s online student portal) during their final semester, no later than the online graduation application deadline as posted on the academic calendar. A Graduation Application is REQUIRED before a degree will be awarded.
Failure to complete the Graduation Application in a timely manner will result not only in a $40.00 late fee, but may also cause delays in posting a student's degree and ordering his/her diploma. It may also result in the omission of the student's name from the Commencement Program and other important graduation lists.
To avoid these issues, students are urged to apply before the deadline!