Overview of Online Learning at Delgado
Delgado Community College has been approved by Louisiana to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.
Delgado Online offers learning opportunities for students to succeed in courses both on and off campus. On this page you can find information about:
- Taking classes online
- Using Canvas for online and on-campus classes
- Digital tools to help you succeed in all of your Delgado courses
We offer the following degree programs as fully online delivery option:
- Accounting, A.A.S.
- Business Administration, A.S.
- Business & Management, A.A.S.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Systems Design
- General Business
- Human Resources Management/Leadership
- Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management
- Music Business
- Real Estate
- Retail Management - Coming Soon
- Criminal Justice, A.A.
- General Studies, A.G.S.
- Hospitality Management, A.A.S
- Louisiana Transfer Degree, A.A.
- Criminal Justice
- Social Science
We offer the following certificate programs as fully online delivery option:
- Accounting Technology: Accounting Clerk, C.T.S.
- Banking & Lending C.T.S.
- Business Systems Design C.T.S.
- Certificate of General Studies, C.G.S.
- Entrepreneurship, C.T.S.
- Logistics Technology, C.T.S.
- Medical Coding, C.A.S.
- Health Infomation Technology, C.T.S. - Coming Soon
- Website Design, C.T.S.
- Human Resources Assistant, C.T.S.
- Real Estate Professional, C.T.S.
- Retail Management, C.T.S. - Coming Soon
Stephanie Davis is a online student success specialist and first point of contact for your advising and other online program-related questions. Email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stephanie is located on the City Park Campus in New Orleans, LA, Room 137 in the Marvin E. Thames, Sr. Learning Resource Center, Building 7.
Finding Online Courses
Delgado offers many online courses. Hybrid courses are conducted 50%-99% online. A hybrid program or course blends online and face-to-face delivery. Online courses are conducted 100% online. A fully online program or course is where most or all of the content is delivered online. Taking a hybrid or online class offers many benefits, including the convenience of enrolling in a class from home, the opportunity to use 21st century learning tools, and expanding your classroom from beyond the campus to anywhere with an Internet connection.
Access the College Catalog to explore program options and requirements. Registration is completed via your LoLA account access. For other instructions and information refer to the College Handbook or the Support Services Online Tools & Resources page.
To view online course options in a term, access the Course Catalog schedule search tool. Select the Subject, Course Number, and Course Title (if known), and select DCC Online as the Campus.
Learning Online is Similar to Learning On Campus
Students who learn online earn the same credits and degrees as students taking classes on campus. As an online student, you have access to all Delgado resources and opportunities as you work towards meeting your educational and professional goals!
Choosing between an online or on-campus class depends on the student. For some, the business of work and family makes online learning a good option. For others, taking an online class is a chance to use the Internet and technology to drive their own learning forward.
If you are unsure about taking an online or hybrid, check out these resources to figure out if online learning is right for you.
Using Canvas to Take Courses at Delgado
Canvas is the learning management system used in almost all Delgado courses (both online and on-campus). Canvas is used to:
- submit assignments.
- take tests.
- communicate with your fellow students and instructors.
- and everything else related to your college courses.
Learning how to use Canvas is important since it will allow you to succeed in your courses, and learning how to use it well can make your experience as a student both easier and more meaningful. Click here to access a free, self-paced Canvas Student Orientation course to learn about its different features and tools.
CANVAS SUPPORT HOTLINE 24x7x365
Success in College Course (CCSS-100)
Success in College (CCSS-100) is strongly recommended for students new to college or who are online-only students (take all of their classes online) complete the course early in their college career (during their first or second semester of enrollment). Success in College (CCSS-100) will provide you the opportunity to gain the skills, knowledge, and habits of successful college students. The course is intended to:
- improve your college readiness
- increase your awareness of campus support services,
- develop your technology skills, time management, effective study, and test-taking strategies
- work/life/school balance awareness, and
- guide you in your program of study to reach your career goals
You will even learn about what learning style you prefer and how to use that knowledge to benefit most from academic activities. A bonus feature of this class is that your instructor will also be your success coach, college navigator, and liaison for other campus services. Please consider CCSS-100 as part of your course selection this semester. We look forward to serving you.
Jumpstart your Online Learning
- Online Readiness
- Canvas Learning Managment System (Online Classroom) Orientation
- Watch for in-person student Canvas training sessions (advertised in Canvas Announements)
- Watch for student success workshops (advertised in Canvas Announements)
- Canvas (Online Classrom)
- Online tutoring (Net Tutor) enabled in your online classroom
- Writing Center
- Exam proctoring services provided by ProctorU and Respondus (contact your instructor)
- NBCLearn Videos enabled in your ownline classroom
- TurnitIn Originality Checker (anti-plagiarism tool) enabled in your ownline classroom
- Office 365 (provided by Delgado's Office of Information Technology)
- Canvas Student Support
- OIT Helpdesk at (504) 671-5500, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (CST) for email & Office 365
- Email FAQ
- LoLA for Banner and Canvas Login, (844) 465-2827