Resources for Distance Learners
Students taking online and hybrid classes are Delgado students just like those taking classes on campus. Therefore, online students have access to the same resources and tools to help them succeed, including:
- Academic Advising
- Career Services
- Financial Aid
- Transfer Degrees
Check the student handbook for an updated listing of resources, office hours and locations, and other student tools, or refer to the list below.
Most Delgado courses, including online and hybrid, are taught using Canvas, an online course management system. Instructors and students can use Canvas to share course materials, submit assignments, and communicate with each other.
All students, online and on campus, are encourage to take our free Canvas Student Orientation Canvas LMS course to learn how to use Canvas to be successful in all courses.
As a Delgado student, you have free access to the following software and online resources
- Business-class email, calendar, and contacts with a 50 GB inbox.
- File storage and sharing with 1 TB storage.
- Full, installed Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, OneNote, Access, and Lync on up to 5 PCs or Macs—free of charge.
- Online versions of Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more.
- Office for smartphones to view and edit Office documents on the go.
- Office for tablets on Windows tablets and iPad.
- Unlimited online meetings, IM, and HD video conferencing for collaboration.
To start using Office 365:
- Go to the Delgado Outlook website.
- Log-in with your student email account information.
- Click Microsoft 365 in the top-right corner
Using the online versions enables features such as auto-save and the ability to access your files from any device connected to the internet. In other words, you can work on a class paper on your laptop at home, and access and continue working on the same file in a computer lab at Delgado without having to remember to save or bring the file with you. You can also download and install full versions of the software on up to 5 devices.
Students may purchase textbooks, software, and other instructional supplies online from the Delgado Bookstore.
Online/Hybrid students have access to computing resources on campus to complete course assignments, write papers, conduct research, used specialized course software, search the Internet, and communicate with their professors and classmates.
Policies and Procedures
Bartelby is a web-based online tutoring service. The learner can choose tutoring that is either synchronous (tutor and learner are live simultaneously) or asynchronous (learner submits questions and receives tutor response later, similar to email).
Bartelby is free to all Delgado students via Canvas! Look for the "Bartelby 24/7 Homework Help" button (image below) in any of your Canvas courses on the left navigation menu!